London, Newbury, Bath
Strategic Business Development Manager
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team and make an impact on new business strategy. The postholder will lead new business communication and achieve increased rates of acquisition, growth, and retention – for new Big Group clients that are currently not on the agency roster. The role is in the Retail team working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, to execute against agreed new business development priorities. Contributing successful new business strategic approaches utilising retail industry and customer insight to drive ownership of key lead generation activities for the Retail team.
Key task description:
1. New Business - Owning, managing and co-ordinating new business opportunities.
- Building and managing a portfolio of clients and generating a pipeline of opportunities by locating, developing, negotiating and securing business with them
- Take ownership of the completion of RFPs, RFIs and pitches
- Together with the Senior Leadership Team, this includes outbound lead generation with the aim to convert into new business for the agency
- Identify and act on opportunities to develop existing relationship and revenue streams
- Establish a strategy for opening opportunities with new or lapsed clients
2. Strategy and Research
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends and data driven insights to consult and support prospective clients
- Developing ideas and pinpointing customer needs by analysing and interpreting a variety of retail industry and customer insights
- Sustain visibility by keeping contacts informed of their thought leadership, connecting them to seminars and events
3. Reporting and Analytics
- Management of reporting and analytics on business development as per above responsibilities
4. Client Relationships
- Deliver outstanding customer service that the agency is built on
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with potential new clients
- Knowing the key decision makers in each organisation and building rapport with them by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities
5. Collaboration and Communication
- You will ensure converted work is clearly communicated to the senior leadership team, who will assign the relevant personnel to the job - with you providing AM support when required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
If you are interested, we ask you to send a short summary of why and your CV in Dutch by applying below: We aim to respond to your submission within 10 working days. You can respond to this vacancy until the end of November.